Do I need a letter from my financial sponsor to apply for the Graduate Immigration Route?


You may need to provide a letter of consent from your financial sponsor as a supporting document with your Graduate visa application. This is required if you received money from a government or international scholarship agency in the last 12 months, and this included both course fees and living costs.

If this applies to you, then you will need to include a letter of consent from the sponsor permitting you to remain in the UK as a Graduate.

The application form may still ask for this evidence if you have been financially sponsored but do not meet the specific rules above. In such cases, we advise you to include a short cover letter to explain that you do not need to provide this.

If you were sponsored by The University of Sheffield, or if your sponsor did not cover your full tuition fees and living costs, there are template letters here:



If you have any further questions, please chat to an Adviser in the International Student Support, Advice and Compliance Team.

  • Last Updated Jul 18, 2022
  • Views 2173
  • Answered By Ruth O'Sullivan

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0